CD Taxi Driver [Original Soundtrack]  (CD 425052),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Taxi Driver [Original Soundtrack] 
Original Soundtrack/Bernard Herrmann
1. Taxi Driver: Main Title
2. Taxi Driver: Thank God for the Rain
3. Taxi Driver: Cleaning the Cab
4. Taxi Driver: I Still Can't Sleep / They Cannot Touch Her (Betsy's Theme): I Still Can't Sleep / They Cannnot Touch Her (Betsy's Theme)
5. Taxi Driver: Phone Call / I Realize How Much She is Like the Others / A Strange Customer / Watching Palantine on TV / You're Gonna Die in Hell / Betsy's Theme / Hitting the Girl: Phone Call / I Realize How Much She Is Like The Others / A Strange Cust
6. Taxi Driver: The .44 Magnum is a Monster, The
7. Taxi Driver: Getting Into Shape / Listen You Screwheads / Gun Play / Dear Father & mother / The Card / Soap Opera: Getting Into Shape / Listen You Screwheads / Gun Play / Dear Father & Mother / The Card / Soap Opera
8. Taxi Driver: Sport and Iris
9. Taxi Driver: The $20 Bill / Target Practice: The $20 Bill / Target Practice
10. Taxi Driver: Assassination Attempt / After the Carnage: Assassination Attempt / After The Carnage
11. Taxi Driver: A Reluctant Hero - Betsy / End Credits: A Reluctant Hero / Betsy / End Credits
12. Taxi Driver: Additional Interpretation: Diary of a Taxi Driver (Album Version) - (Album Version)
13. Taxi Driver: Additional Interpretation: God's Lonely Man (Album Version, with Alternate Ending) - (Album Version)
14. Taxi Driver: Additional Interpretation: Theme from Taxi Driver
15. Taxi Driver: Additional Interpretation: I Work the Whole City
16. Taxi Driver: Additional Interpretation: Betsy in a White Dress
17. Taxi Driver: Additional Interpretation: The Days Do Not End, The
18. Taxi Driver: Additional Interpretation: Theme from Taxi Driver (Reprise)
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 0782219005
Neely Plumb; Didier C. Deutsch; Michael Phillips; Julian Phillips; Didier C. Deutsch (Reissue)
Personnel includes: Tom Scott (saxophone).
Engineers: Mickey Crofford, Don Henderson, Kevin Cleary.
Includes liner notes by Martin Scorsese.
Composed by Bernard Herrmann.
All tracks have been digitally remastered. Includes over 25 minutes of previously unreleased music.
Audio Remixers: James P. Nichols ; James Nichols.
Liner Note Author: Martin Scorsese.
Director: Martin Scorsese.
Photographers: Steve Schapiro; Steve Shapiro.
Arranger: Dave Blume.
The original 1976 record and initial CD versions contain half a magnificent film score, half jazz-lite cover versions of the same music. Bernard Herrmann's soundtrack, full of dark, brooding brass, menacing percussion and a bittersweet dash of jazz saxophone, greatly enhance this big city tale of obsession, paranoia and violence. Robert DeNiro's chilling narration of "Diary of a Taxi Driver" -- including the famous "You talking to me?" monologue -- served as one of the models for the anger and isolation inherent in much of punk music. For some strange reason, the entire first side of the album is devoted to bland covers of Herrmann's music by arranger Dave Blume. Thankfully, Blume's arrangements are unnoticeable in the film itself, but their inclusion here distracts from a powerful soundtrack. Blume's arrangements are firmly rooted in L.A. mid-'70s fuzak, while Herrmann's score is one for the ages. ~ Rick Watrous
Entertainment Weekly (10/12/01, p.40) - Ranked #63 in EW's "100 Best Movie Soundtracks" - "...Blends the sweaty tension of Herrmann's Hitchcock scores with a rare journey into sax-driven jazz..."
Mojo (Publisher) (6/02, p.67) - Included in Mojo's "100 Coolest Movie Soundtracks" - "...Hermann's last great score....the music pulls us further into the movie's depths. Possibly the slickest use of harp in any soundtrack ever."
Be The First To Write A Review
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.