CD The Blues Scene (CD 250934),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
The Blues Scene
1. Cyrly - The Bluesbreakers
2. Key To the Highway - Eddie Boyd
3. Super-Natural, The - John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers - (featuring Peter Green)
4. Pretty Girls Everywhere - Otis Spann
5. Blue Coat Man - Eddie Boyd
6. Third Degree - Champion Jack Dupree - (featuring Eric Clapton/John Mayall)
7. Steppin' Out - John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers - (featuring Eric Clapton)
8. Train To Nowhere - Savoy Brown
9. Roll Me Over - Curtis Jones
10. Get on the Right Track Baby - Zoot Money
11. Night Time is the Right Time - Alexis Korner's Blues Incorporated/Alexis Korner
12. Sweet Little Angel - Mae Mercer
13. Strut Around - Graham Bond
14. Long Night - Steve Anglo/John Mayall
15. Goin' Down Slow - Davy Graham
16. Taste & Try Before You Buy - Savoy Brown
17. Me and My Woman - Keef Hartley
18. Dust My Broom - Eddie Boyd
19. Barrel House Woman - Mickey "Guitar" Baker/Champion Jack Dupree
20. I'm Gonna Move To the Outskirts of Town - Rod Stewart
21. Double Trouble - John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers - (featuring Peter Green)
22. 24 Hours - Champion Jack Dupree
23. Early in the Morning - Alexis Korner's Blues Incorporated/Alexis Korner
24. Let Me Love You Baby - Savoy Brown Blues Band/Savoy Brown
25. I Need Your Love - John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 844801
Liner Note Author: Brian Hogg.
Recording information: 1964-1971.
From the archives of Decca Records U.K. comes the Blues Scene (1999). This 25-track anthology covers the label's copious contributions to the 1960s renaissance of rhythm & blues-influenced rock. The movement would ultimately seed heavy metal supergroups such as Cream, Led Zeppelin and the seminal incarnation of Fleetwood Mac. Fittingly, the revolving-door personnel of John Mayall's assorted Bluesbreakers are particularly worthy of note. They not only commence and conclude this compilation, but more importantly, Mayall also provided an entre for a host of promising young talent such as Peter Green, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Eric Clapton, and Aynsley Dunbar all of whom would eventually become internationally recognized icons. Among the Bluesbreaker's offerings presented here are the powerful instrumental "Curly," as well as "The Supernatural," which boasts the distinctive fretwork of Peter Green, "Steppin' Out" featuring Eric Clapton, and an incendiary early live take of "I Need Your Love." Another interesting facet is the wide spectrum of American legends whose association with Deccabrought their music to new generations and audiences. Selections from Eddie Boyd ("Key to the Highway," "Blue Coat Man," and "Dust My Broom"), Otis Spann ("Pretty Girls Everywhere"), as well as Champion Jack Dupree ("24 Hours," "Barrel House Women," and "Third Degree") are among the highlights. In the case of the latter title, Dupree had a little help from both Mayall and Clapton on this 1966 recording. The label also heralded artists such as Alexis Korner ("Early in the Morning" and "Night Time Is the Right Time") and Savoy Brown ("Taste & Try Before You Buy," "Train to Nowhere," and "Train to Nowhere") who would have a much stronger impact in Europe than in the States. As such, Blues Scene (1999) is a worthwhile assessment of Decca's vaults, and a valuable primer for the novice. Interested parties should also note the other entries in this series -- including the R&B Scene (1999) and the Northern Soul Scene (1999). ~ Lindsay Planer
Be The First To Write A Review
Universal Distribution 844801
Phantom Import Distributi
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright