CD The Concert for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (CD 399526),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
The Concert for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
0. DISC 1:
1. R.O.C.K. In the U.S.A. - John Mellencamp
2. Be My Baby - Melissa Etheridge
3. Love Child - Melissa Etheridge
4. Leader of the Pack - Melissa Etheridge
5. Tired of Being Alone - Al Green
6. Change Is Gonna Come, A - Al Green
7. My City Was Gone - The Pretenders
8. Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
9. I Can't Turn You Loose - Aretha Franklin
10. It's a Man's Man's Man's World - James Brown
11. Born on the Bayou - John Fogerty
12. Fortunate Son - John Fogerty
13. Back Door Man - Iggy Pop/Soul Asylum
14. Sweet Jane - Lou Reed/Soul Asylum
15. Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) - George Clinton & the P-Funk All-Stars/Larry Graham
16. I Want to Take You Higher - George Clinton & the P-Funk All-Stars/Larry Graham
0. DISC 2:
1. Shake, Rattle and Roll - Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band
2. Great Balls of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis/Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band
3. Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - Jerry Lee Lewis/Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band
4. I Know How to Do It - Natalie Merchant
5. Redemption Song - Jackson Browne
6. I Know You Rider - Bruce Hornsby
7. All Along the Watchtower - Bob Dylan
8. Green Onions - Booker T. & the MG's
9. Hold on I'm Coming - Sam Moore
10. Blue Sky - The Allman Brothers Band
11. One Way Out - The Allman Brothers Band
12. Red House - Slash/Boz Scaggs
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 67477
Proceeds from THE CONCERT FOR THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME will benefit the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and Museum.
Recorded live at the Cleveland Municipal Stadium, Cleveland, Ohio on September 2, 1995. Includes liner notes by David Wild.
Booker T & The MG's' "Green Onions" was nominated for a 1997 Grammy Award for Best Rock Instrumental Performance. Al Green's "A Change Is Gonna Come" was nominated for a 1997 Grammy for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance.
On Labor Day weekend of 1995, a gaggle of Rock And Roll Hall Of Famers joined with a group of younger artists to inaugurate the Hall Of Fame Museum in Cleveland. With Booker T and the MG's as the house band and a roster of some of the greatest performers in rock and roll history, it was an event that will be remembered forever, especially with the help of this 2-disc chronicle of the concert.
Not surprisingly, the old timers make the biggest impact, with Jerry Lee Lewis exerting his rocking authority on "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On," and Sam Moore of Sam & Dave dishing out some deep soul on "Hold On I'm Coming." Other highlights include Al Green's spine-tingling rendition of the Sam Cooke classic "A Change Is Gonna Come," and the understated cool of Booker T & the MG's as they step into the spotlight for a lowdown "Green Onions." As this 28-song document proves beyond a shadow of a doubt, rock and roll is here to stay.
Rolling Stone (9/5/96, p.62) - 4 Stars (out of 5) - "...a splendid souvenir....captures both the majesty and sweat of essential rock & roll at its tumultuous finest. There's a surprise or two, of course, but for the most part, the predictably great acts...are as spectacular as you'd hope they'd be..."
Q (2/97, p.103) - 3 Stars (out of 5) - "...Beyond the all-star games of generational tag, Bob Dylan delivers a creditably enunciated `All Along The Watchtower,' Al Green reveals himself to be a Time Lord...and John Fogerty makes brilliantly ferocious use of the evening's house band, Booker T. and his augmented MG's..."
Be The First To Write A Review
Columbia (USA) 67477
Sony Music Distribution (
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.