CD These Days [Box] (CD 1145082),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
These Days [Box]
0. DISC 1: WORKIN' ON A BIG CHILL: THE ROCKIN' RECORD:
1. Workin' on a Big Chill
2. Love's Standin'
3. Cowboy Up - (featuring Gretchen Wilson)
4. Sweet Thing
5. Bet It All on You
6. Nothin' for a Broken Heart - (featuring Rodney Crowell)
7. Son of a Ramblin' Man - (featuring Del McCoury)
8. Smilin' Song - (featuring Michael McDonald)
9. Rhythm of the Pourin' Rain, The - (featuring Bekka Bramlett)
10. Nothin' Left to Say
0. DISC 2: THE REASON WHY: THE GROOVY RECORD:
1. What You Don't Say - (featuring LeAnn Rimes)
2. Reason Why, The - (featuring Alison Krauss)
3. Rock of Your Love, The - (featuring Bonnie Raitt)
4. What You Give Away - (featuring Sheryl Crow)
5. Faint of Heart - (featuring Diana Krall)
6. Time to Carry On - (featuring Jenny Gill)
7. No Easy Way
8. This Memory of You - (featuring Trisha Yearwood)
9. How Lonely Looks
10. Tell Me One More Time About Jesus - (featuring Amy Grant)
11. Everything and Nothing - (featuring Katrina Elam)
12. Which Way Will You Go
13. These Days
0. DISC 3: SOME THINGS NEVER GROW OLD: THE COUNTRY & WESTERN RECORD:
1. This New Heartache
2. Only Love, The
3. Out of My Mind - (featuring Patty Loveless)
4. Sight of Me Without You, The
5. I Can't Let Go - (featuring Alison Krauss/Dan Tyminski)
6. Don't Pretend with Me
7. Some Things Never Get Old - (featuring Emmylou Harris)
8. Sweet Little Corrina - (featuring Phil Everly)
9. If I Can Make Mississippi - (featuring Lee Ann Womack)
10. Take This Country Back - (featuring John Anderson)
0. DISC 4: LITTLE BROTHER: THE ACOUSTIC RECORD:
1. All Prayed Up
2. Cold Gray Light of Gone - (featuring The Del McCoury Band)
3. River Like You, A - (featuring Jenny Gill)
4. Ace Up Your Pretty Sleeve
5. Molly Brown
6. Girl - (featuring Rebecca Lynn Howard)
7. Give Me the Highway - (featuring The Del McCoury Band)
8. Sweet Augusta Darlin'
9. Little Brother
10. Almost Home - (featuring Guy Clark)
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 0006021
Vince Gill; Justin Niebank; John Hobbs; Vince Gill; John Hobbs; Justin Niebank
Justin Niebank; Drew Bollman; Neal Cappellino; Steve Marcantonio; Terry Christian
Personnel: Vince Gill (baritone, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, 12-string guitar, resonator guitar, mandolin, background vocals); Vince Gill (vocals); Diana Krall (vocals, piano); Guy Clark, John Anderson, Rodney Crowell (vocals); Jeff White (tenor, acoustic guitar, background vocals); Sonya Issacs (tenor); Tom Britt (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, slide guitar, gut-string guitar); Billy Joe Walker, Jr., Steuart Smith (electric guitar); Paul Franklin (steel guitar, dobro); John Hughey, Buddy Emmons (steel guitar); Jerry Douglas (dobro); Rob McCoury, Charlie Cushman (banjo); Ronnie McCoury (mandolin); Stuart Duncan (fiddle); The Nashville String Machine (strings); Jim Hoke (harmonica); Mark Douthit (tenor saxophone); Doug Moffet (baritone saxophone); Mike Haynes (trumpet); Barry Green (trombone); Jim Horn (horns); Pete Wasner (piano, electric piano, Wurlitzer piano, Hammond b-3 organ, Wurlitzer organ, synthesizer); Eric Darken (vibraphone, tambourine, percussion, bells, chimes); Michael Rhodes (bass instrument, upright bass); Mike Bub (upright bass); Eddie Bayers, Billy Thomas (drums); William Owsley III, Gene Miller, Lisa Cochran (background vocals); Del McCoury (vocals, tenor, acoustic guitar); Bekka Bramlett (vocals, background vocals); Dan Tyminski, Emmylou Harris, Gretchen Wilson, Jenny Gill, LeAnn Rimes, Lee Ann Womack, Alison Krauss, Michael McDonald , Amy Grant, Patty Loveless, Phil Everly, Rebecca Lynn Howard, Trisha Yearwood, Sheryl Crow, Katrina Elam, Bonnie Raitt (vocals); Tom Bukovac (electric guitar); John Hobbs (piano, Fender Rhodes piano, Wurlitzer organ); Chad Cromwell (drums, tambourine); The Del McCoury Band.
Audio Mixers: Justin Niebank; Neal Cappellino.
Liner Note Author: Jay Orr.
Recording information: Blackbird "F", Nashville, TN; Blackbird Studio, Nashville, TN; Emerald Sound Studios, Nashville, TN; Masterfonics, Nashville, TN; OceanWay, Nashville, TN; Sound Kitchen, Nashville, TN.
Photographer: Seor McGuire.
Not since Prince released the three-hour, three-CD set EMANCIPATION in 1996 or the Magnetic Fields took a similar number of discs for the sprawling 69 LOVE SONGS in 1999 has an artist attempted something as expansive as Vince Gill's THESE DAYS. A four-disc box set of all new material, nearly all of it Gill originals, THESE DAYS is possibly the widest-ranging country album of the modern era. The four discs are thematically and stylistically arranged. Disc one, WORKIN' ON A BIG CHILL, is a 1960s-flavored rock-and-roll album that recalls Bob Dylan's late '60s work with the Band and features Bonnie Bramlett's vocals on several songs. Disc two, THE REASON WHY, is a modern pop record in the style of Shania Twain's international releases, with several duet partners including Sheryl Crow and Leann Rimes. Disc three, SOME THINGS NEVER GET OLD, is straight honky-tonk in the Ray Price and Lefty Frizzell tradition. Finally, disc four, LITTLE BROTHER, is a strictly acoustic bluegrass and folk album that cuts Gill's writing and singing to its most elemental. Taken together, the four albums reveal Vince Gill to be one of modern country's most impressive performers.
Entertainment Weekly (p.82) - "His high, not-so-lonesome tenor doesn't grow tiresome even if you take in his trad-country, R&B/rock, pop, and bluegrass sets all in one sitting." -- Grade: A-
No Depression (p.96) - "[T]he participants play with an infectious spontaneity, especially on the rockin' stuff....Gill is the source of this energy; there's urgency in his writing, singing, and playing."
Be The First To Write A Review
MCA Nashville 9888961
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright