CD 76 Trombones [Digipak] (CD 6255121),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
76 Trombones [Digipak]
1. Seventy Six Trombones [From The Music Man]
2. Hello, Dolly! [From Hello, Dolly!] - (with Carol Channing)
3. I Can Do That [From A Chorus Line] - (with Derek Grant)
4. I Like Ev'rybody [From The Most Happy Fella] - (with Brian Stokes Mitchell)
5. I Won't Grow Up [From Peter Pan]
6. Big on Broadway - (with Dan Zanes/Father Goose)
7. Thumbelina [From Hans Christian Andersen] - (with Father Goose)
8. Tomorrow (Maana) [From Annie] - (with Dan Zanes)
9. I Don't Need Anything but You [From Annie] - (with de'Adre Aziza)
10. Gary, Indiana/The Wells Fargo Wagon [From The Music Man]
11. You I Like [From The Grand Tour]
12. Inch Worm [From Hans Christian Andersen], The
13. I'm Flying [From Peter Pan]
14. Before the Parade Passes By [From Hello, Dolly!] - (with Matthew Broderick)
15. You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile [From Annie]
16. I Am What I Am [From La Cage aux Folles] - (with The Band)
17. Goodnight, My Someone [From The Music Man]
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 0014
Dan Zanes; Rob Friedman
Audio Mixer: Rob Friedman.
Liner Note Author: Dan Zanes.
Recording information: Little Life Studio; Playbach Studio.
Photographers: Sonia De Los Santos; Dan Zanes; Beth Kelly; Elena Moon Park; Dr. Creative; Joanne Chan; Gor Megaera; Yvette Weaver; Anna Zanes.
Children's music machine Dan Zanes has been nearly unstoppable since converting to the genre in the early 2000s. The former Del Fuego has made it a habit of crafting amiable, intelligent songs for kids of all ages that cover the whole spectrum of popular music worldwide. 2009's 76 Trombones set its' sights on Broadway, collecting 17 stage classics culled from Sir Paul McCartney's MPL catalog. Taking a cue from earlier releases, Zanes and his talented crew of New York-based friends and family treat the whole affair (and the source material) with the kind of ramshackle, back-porch glee that can only come from cool musicians with cool kids (look for appearances from musical theater luminaries like Carol Channing, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Matthew Broderick de'Adre Aziza, and Derick K. Grant. While Zanes and crew manage to keep all of the melodies and theatrical frivolity intact, the collection is completely bereft of any ornamental pretense, rendering Broadway standards like "Hello Dolly" and "Gary, Indiana/The Wells Fargo Wagon" into new folk standards, resulting in a road trip compilation that both kids and their parents can agree on. ~ James Christopher Monger
Be The First To Write A Review
Festival Five Records 0014
Koch Records (USA)
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.