CD Across the Universe [Deluxe Version] (CD 1145151),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Across the Universe [Deluxe Version]
0. DISC 1:
1. Girl - Jim Sturgess
2. Hold Me Tight - Evan Rachel Wood
3. All My Loving - Jim Sturgess
4. I Want to Hold Your Hand - T.V. Carpio
5. With a Little Help from My Friends - Jim Sturgess/Joe Anderson
6. It Won't Be Long - Evan Rachel Wood
7. I've Just Seen a Face - Jim Sturgess
8. Let It Be - Timothy T. Mitchum/Carol Woods
9. Come Together - Joe Cocker
10. If I Fell - Evan Rachel Wood
11. Dear Prudence - Jim Sturgess/T.V. Carpio/Evan Rachel Wood/Dana Fuchs
12. Flying - Secret Machines
13. Blue Jay Way - Secret Machines
0. DISC 2:
1. I Am the Walrus - Secret Machines/Bono
2. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite - Eddie Izzard
3. Because - Jim Sturgess/T.V. Carpio/Martin Luther "M.L." McCoy/Evan Rachel Wood/Dana Fuchs/Joe Anderson
4. Something - Jim Sturgess
5. Oh! Darling - Martin Luther "M.L." McCoy/Dana Fuchs
6. Strawberry Fields Forever - Jim Sturgess/Joe Anderson
7. Revolution - Jim Sturgess
8. While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Martin Luther "M.L." McCoy
9. Across the Universe - Jim Sturgess
10. Helter Skelter - Dana Fuchs
11. Happiness Is a Warm Gun - Joe Anderson/Selma Hayek
12. Blackbird - Evan Rachel Wood
13. Hey Jude - Joe Anderson
14. Don't Let Me Down - Dana Fuchs
15. All You Need Is Love - Jim Sturgess/Dana Fuchs
16. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - Bono
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 001027102
Elliot Goldenthal; T-Bone Burnett; Teese Gohl; Josh Garza; Brandon Curtis; Benjamin Curtis
Yohei Goto; Emile Kelman; Bryan Pugh; Vanessa Parr; Missy Webb; Jason Wormer; Adam Haggar; Halsey Quemere; Sheldon Yellowhair; Frank Filipetti; Stacy Parrish; Joel Iwataki; Mike Piersante; Steve McLaughlin; Brandon Mason; Lawrence Manchester; Ghian Wright
Composer: Elliot Goldenthal .
Audio Mixers: Joel Iwataki; Mike Piersante; Brandon Mason.
Recording information: Brooklyn Recording, New York, NY; Legacy Recording, New York, NY; Manhattan Center, New York, NY; The Village, Los Angeles, CA.
Author: Julie Taymor.
As soundtracks to Beatles-inspired movies go, Across the Universe -- the companion piece to Julie Taymor's pseudo-psychedelic fantasmagoria extravaganza that tells the story of the '60s through the tunes of the Fab Four -- has bewilderingly gaudy moments, but it's not as appallingly tacky as Sgt. Pepper or as stuffy as All This and World War II. Still, Taymor's overly designed fantasia is at once too tasteful and too garish, which is an odd combination for an odd movie -- and something that may be more gripping onscreen than it is on record. Dana Fuchs furiously channels Melissa Etheridge (especially on "Helter Skelter") when her performance is isolated as music, although the biggest surprise is that Bono not only looks like a dead ringer for Robin Williams in the film, but he sounds a bit like him too, with overly earnest readings of "I Am the Walrus" and "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds." Much of the rest slides by agreeably enough. Jim Sturgess has the same plainspoken delivery as Ewan MacGregor in Moulin Rouge, which helps in love songs from "All My Loving" to "Something" -- and he does a credible job on the rockabilly revamp of "I've Just Seen a Face" -- while Joe Cocker steals the show with his slinky, funky, spacy version of "Come Together." And, apart from Bono and Fuchs' too-strong soulful belting, nothing is distracting -- but the biggest strength of Across the Universe may be that, when considered in its entirety, it mainly whets the appetite for the original recordings. [The deluxe version of Across the Universe is a double-disc, 29-track set containing almost all of the songs featured in Taymor's film, all presented in the order they are in the film.] ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Be The First To Write A Review
Interscope (USA) 001027102
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright