CD Dolemite [Original Soundtrack/Various Artists] [CD Boxset] [2 discs] (CD 6311737),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Dolemite [Original Soundtrack/Various Artists] [CD Boxset] [2 discs]
Original Soundtrack/Various Artists
0. DISC 1:
2. Queen, The - Rudy Ray Moore
3. Do You Still Care
4. Rumble, The - Rudy Ray Moore
5. Mayor's Get-Away, The - Rudy Ray Moore
6. Power of Your Love - Mary Love
7. Willie Green - Rudy Ray Moore
8. When We Start Making Love - Mary Love
9. Hitmen, The - Rudy Ray Moore
10. Ghetto Expressions - Rudy Ray Moore
11. Time Is on Our Side - Revelation Funk
12. Creeper - Rudy Ray Moore
13. Jive Jungle, The - Rudy Ray Moore
14. Flatland - Rudy Ray Moore
0. DISC 2: BONUS DISC:
1. Dolemite [Ulreleased Alternate Vocal Take] - Rudy Ray Moore (previously unreleased, alternate take)
2. Dolemite [Unreleased Alternate Take 1] - Rudy Ray Moore (previously unreleased, alternate take)
3. Dolemite [Unreleased Alternate Take 2] - Rudy Ray Moore (previously unreleased, alternate take)
4. Unreleased Interlude 1 - Rudy Ray Moore (previously unreleased)
5. Unreleased Interlude 2 - Rudy Ray Moore (previously unreleased)
6. Unreleased Multi [Full] - Rudy Ray Moore (previously unreleased)
7. Dolemite [Multi Track Mix Without Guitar] - Rudy Ray Moore (remix)
8. Queen [Multi Track Mix], The - Rudy Ray Moore (remix)
9. Power of Your Love [Multi Track Mix] - Rudy Ray Moore (remix)
10. Willie Green [Multi Track Mix] [Extended Version] - Rudy Ray Moore (remix)
11. Ghetto Expressions [Multi Track Mix] - Rudy Ray Moore (remix)
12. Time Is on Our Side [Multi Track Mix] - Rudy Ray Moore (remix)
13. Time Is on Our Side, Pt. 2 - Rudy Ray Moore
14. Creeper [Interlude] - Rudy Ray Moore
15. Creeper [Multi Track Mix Extended Version] - Rudy Ray Moore (remix)
16. Jive Jungle [Multi Mix Extended Version], The - Rudy Ray Moore (remix)
17. Dolemite [Unreleased Alternate Take 2] [Drums] - Rudy Ray Moore (previously unreleased, alternate take)
18. Dolemite [A Capella] - Rudy Ray Moore
19. Dolemite [Unreleased Alternate Take] [A Capella] - Rudy Ray Moore (previously unreleased, alternate take)
20. Power of Your Love [A Capella] - Rudy Ray Moore
21. Time Is on Our Side [A Capella] - Rudy Ray Moore
22. Unreleased Multi [Drums & Bass] - Rudy Ray Moore (previously unreleased)
23. Time Is on Our Side [Drums, Bass, Piano] - Rudy Ray Moore
24. Dolemite [Unreleased Alternate Take] [Drums & Bass] - Rudy Ray Moore (previously unreleased, alternate take)
25. Dolemite [Alternate Version 2] - Rudy Ray Moore (alternate take)
26. Dolemite [Alternate Instrumental] [No Congas/Guitar] - Rudy Ray Moore (alternate take)
27. Power of Your Love - Rudy Ray Moore
28. Time Is on Our Side - Rudy Ray Moore
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): TEG9911
Rudy Ray Moore
Liner Note Author: Chuck Johnson .
Director: D'Urville Martin.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Lady Reed; Liz Sample; Karolynn Hill; Dino Washington; Gale West; Jerry Jones.
Arranger: Arthur Wright.
Of the hundreds of blaxploitation films that played urban grindhouses and drive-ins across the nation during the 1970s, few were wilder and weirder than Dolemite, the truly crazed 1975 picture in which comedian Rudy Ray Moore brought his crazed tales of a ghetto superpimp and his army of kung fu-fighting hookers to the big screen for the first time. While Dolemite was that rare movie that made an advantage of its low budget, giving its inner city locations a funky ring of authenticity that more expensive films couldn't catch, what really made the movie memorable was Rudy Ray, whose scowling presence and leering, barking delivery made his character even more outlandish than he would have been in other hands. Moore produced and bankrolled the movie and had a hand in composing the music, and it would be fine to say that his score was just as remarkable as his performance, but that isn't really the case. Performed by the otherwise uncredited "Soul Rebellion Orchestra" (arranged by Arthur Wright) with vocals from Ben Taylor, Mary Love, and Revelation Funk, Dolemite's original soundtrack album is solid but often unremarkable mid-'70s funk, and many of these numbers sound like movie music, meaning they're not meant to stand out on their own, but to accompany action you can't see with just a CD. Several of the funkiest and most exciting numbers on the soundtrack album, such as "The Queen" and "The Rumble," are over in less than two minutes, while longer cuts like "Ghetto Expressions" and "The Mayor's Get Away" seem to jog in place while all the good stuff is happening on screen (and while Mary Love's two numbers are good romantic soul, no one checks out Dolemite waiting for the quiet storm numbers). It's the final track, "Flatland," that offers the most excitement, simply because Rudy Ray pops up to deliver one of his patented high-impact raps, announcing "I'm the one that killed Monday, whupped Tuesday and put Wednesday in the hospital!" Folks addicted to the sounds of vintage blaxploitation might dig this, but most folks interested in Rudy Ray Moore and his most famous creation would be better off checking out the DVD. And the expanded two-disc edition doesn't add much to the package; while the bonus disc clocks in at 73 minutes, it's loaded down with false starts, flubbed takes, vocals without music (and vice-versa) and other sonic ephemera that might be of interest to producers or DJs but isn't especially useful for plain old listening. ~ Mark Deming
Be The First To Write A Review
Traffic Entertainment Group TEG9911
Traffic Entertainment Gro
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.