Texas is a vast land rich in beauty, history and romance. Everything here is larger than life -- its cattle ranches, its prolific oil fields, its modern cities, its can-do citizens who thrive on new challenges. Along with its renowned buildings, monuments, mountains and deserts, the state features many unexpected treasures that generate enormous enthusiasm from Texans.
Photographs that capture the history and beauty of the state include:
- Big Bend National Park and Padre Island National Seashore
- The Chihuahuan Desert and other natural attractions
- Dallas, with its charm and cosmopolitan flavor
- Houston's architecture and attractions
- San Antonio, with its famed River Walk, historic missions and, of course, the Alamo
- Rodeos and cattle drives
The outstanding photographs and lively captions that fill this new book will appeal to locals and visitors, showing why Texas is one of the country's great destinations.
The America the Beautiful series takes readers on a photographic tour of the country's most beautiful states and most vibrant cities. Top photographers contribute their best images of both well-known destinations and hidden gems. Clear and informative captions bring each image to life. These handsomely designed books show the beauty of each destination and will be enjoyed by visitors and locals alike.