CD In the Pines: Tar Heel Folks Songs & Fiddle Tunes 1926-1936 (CD 1336604),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
In the Pines: Tar Heel Folks Songs & Fiddle Tunes 1926-1936
1. In the Pines - Dock Walsh
2. Mountain Sweetheart - Red Fox Chasers
3. Mistreated Blues - The Carolina Buddies
4. Johnson City Hop - Carolina Ramblers String Band
5. Are You Sure? - Mutt Evans/The Dixon Brothers
6. Rose with a Broken Stem, The - North Carolina Cooper Boys
7. Jack of Diamonds - Benny Jarrell
8. Otto Wood - Cranford & Thompson
9. Richmond Square - The Highlanders
10. Will, the Weaver - Charlie Parker/Mack Woolbright/Charlie Parker
11. Lindy - Proximity String Quartet
12. Working on the Railroad - Blankenship Family
13. Carolina's Best - The Grady Family
14. Banjo Sam - Wilmer Watts & The Lonely Eagles
15. New River Train - Cauley Family
16. Little Bunch of Roses - Clarence Greene
17. That Lonesome Valley - Carolina Ramblers String Band
18. Honeysuckle Rag - Blue Ridge Mountain Entertainers
19. Pretty Gal's Love, A - Whitter-Hendley-Small
20. Tom Dooley - Grayson & Whitter
21. Longest Train, The - Mainer's Mountaineers
22. Sweet Freedom - E.R. Nance Family/Clarence Dooley/Clarence "Bud" Dooley
23. Sunny Home in Dixie - Frank Jenkins's Pilot Mountaineers
24. My Home's Across the Blue Ridge Mountains - The Carolina Tar Heels
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 1006
Marshall Wyatt; Marshall Wyatt
Personnel: Fisher Hendley (vocals, spoken vocals, banjo); Garley Foster (vocals, whistling, guitar, harmonica); Clarence Greene (vocals, guitar, fiddle); Mutt Evans, Daddy John Love, Dorsey M. Dixon, Audie Rodgers, A.P. Thompson, Charlie Parker Big Band, Tom Ashley, Zeke Morris (vocals, guitar); Howard Dixon (vocals, steel guitar); Doc Walsh, Daniel J. Nicholson, Mack Woolbright (vocals, banjo); G.B. Grayson, J.E. Mainer, Steve Ledford, Benny Jarrell (vocals, fiddle); Bob Cranford (vocals, harmonica); George Ledford, Walter "Kid" Smith (vocals); Clarence "Bud" Dooley (tenor, guitar); Henry Whitter (spoken vocals, guitar); Gwen Foster (guitar, harmonica); Taft Ledford, Lake Howard, Ernest V. Stoneman, Tom Cooper, Norman Woodlieff, Roy Harvey (guitar); Frank Jenkins (banjo, fiddle); Clay "Henry" Everhart, Marshall Small, Wade Mainer, Wilmer Watts, Charlie Poole, Paul Miles, Oscar Jenkins (banjo); Guy Brooks, Odell Smith, Lonnie Austin (fiddle); Lucy Terry (piano).
Liner Note Author: Wayne Martin.
Recording information: 04/17/1926-06/23/1936.
Photographers: Kip Lornell; Marshall Wyatt; Tony Russell; Bob Carlin.
This compelling anthology covers the decade spanning 1926 to 1936 when electric recording equipment first crossed paths with the old-time music of North Carolina. Released by the comprehensive vintage-ophiles at Old Hat Records, the collection features a panoply of old time artists and styles from murder ballads, gospel songs, string bands, fiddle tunes, and even artists influenced by Tin Pan Alley and ragtime. Perfect for academics, old-time lovers, and those curious about early century Tar Heel culture, IN THE PINES provides a perfect sepia-toned snapshot of one of Depression-era America's frothiest musical communities.
The Wire (p.54) - "[A] fascinating collection of old-time songs from the Tar Heel State....Strands of history and the shifting sands of social interaction are audible through this unassuming and enjoyable music."
Be The First To Write A Review
Old Hat Enterprises 1006
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.