CD Cajun String Bands 1930's: Cajun Breakdown (CD 687520),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Cajun String Bands 1930's: Cajun Breakdown
1. Ma Jolie Petite Fille - Leo Soileau :: Me Dear Little Girl - Leo Soileau
2. Bonne Valse, La - Leo Soileau :: Good Time Waltz - Leo Soileau
3. Blues de Port Arthur, La - Leo Soileau
4. Quand Je Suis Bleu - Leo Soileau :: When I'm Away From Home - Leo Soileau
5. Chere Tu Tu - J.B. Fuselier/Miller's Merrymakers :: Dearest Of All - J.B. Fuselier/Miller's Merrymakers
6. Round-Up Hop - J.B. Fuselier/Miller's Merrymakers
7. Anna Mae Waltz - J.B. Fuselier/Miller's Merrymakers
8. Cajun Breakdown - J.B. Fuselier/Miller's Merrymakers
9. Ma Julie Noir So - J.B. Fuselier/Miller's Merrymakers :: My Pretty Black Eyes - J.B. Fuselier/Miller's Merrymakers
10. Redell Breakdown - J.B. Fuselier
11. Ma Chere Basett - J.B. Fuselier :: My Dear Little Woman - J.B. Fuselier
12. Ponce a Moir - J.B. Fuselier :: Think Of Me - J.B. Fuselier
13. Elton Two-Step - J.B. Fuselier/Miller's Merrymakers
14. Valse de Rebot, La - J.B. Fuselier :: Drunkard's Waltz - J.B. Fuselier
15. Gueydan Two-Step - J.B. Fuselier
16. Pourquoi Que Tu Laise Moi - Clifford Breaux :: Why Are You Leaving Me? - Clifford Breaux
17. Continuez de Sonner - Clifford Breaux :: Keep A Knockin' But You Can't Come In - Clifford Breaux
18. Dixie's Hottets (High Society) - The Dixie Ramblers
19. Ma Chere Belle - Luderin Darbone & The Hackberry Ramblers
20. Shreve Breakdown - Luderin Darbone & The Hackberry Ramblers
21. Rambling - Luderin Darbone & The Hackberry Ramblers
22. Oh Josephine My Josephine - Luderin Darbone & The Hackberry Ramblers
23. Se Pas la Pan - Luderin Darbone & The Hackberry Ramblers :: It's No Use - Luderin Darbone & The Hackberry Ramblers
24. French Two-Step - Luderin Darbone & The Hackberry Ramblers
25. My Little Girl - Luderin Darbone & The Hackberry Ramblers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 7014
Chris Strachwitz; Chris Strachwitz (Compilation)
Personnel: Clifford Breaux (vocals, fiddle); Cleoma Breaux Falcon (dobro); Hector Stutes (fiddle).
Editor: Chris Strachwitz.
25 Cajun tracks from the 1930s, reflecting the transition of Cajun music to arrangements that placed the fiddle at the fore and did away with the accordion. Almost half of the cuts belong to J.B. Fuselier, with four by Leo Soileau, one by the Dixie Ramblers, and seven by Luderin Darbone, fiddler of the Hackberry Ramblers (who back him on the selections here). Fuselier sounds like early Western swing with a Cajun fiddle; Clifford Breaux has a rawer, lazier charm, particularly on "Continuez de Sonner." There's a lot of spontaneity in these sessions, with unpredictable calls that sound like cousins to the ones that dotted Bob Wills' arrangements, though it can get a little monotonous over the course of the CD. It's not as diverse or interesting as some other early Cajun comps, like Cajun Dance Party, but still of considerable value to enthusiasts of Cajun '30s music, or early roots music in general. ~ Richie Unterberger
Be The First To Write A Review
E1 Distribution (USA)
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.