CD Blue Bossa, Vol. 2 (CD 919540),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Blue Bossa, Vol. 2
1. Fiesta, La - James Spaulding/Julian Priester/McCoy Tyner/Pepper Adams/Stanley Turrentine/Blue Mitchell/Bob Cranshaw
2. Old Devil Moon - J.J. Johnson/Kenny Clarke/Sabu Martinez/Wynton Kelly/Charles Mingus
3. Girl from Ipanema, The - Herb Ellis/Lou Rawls/Tommy Strode
4. Book's Bossa - Donald Byrd/Sonny Red/Walter Booker/Billy Higgins/Cedar Walton
5. You're Everything - George Bohannon/Bill Perkins/Al Aarons/Kenny Shroyer/Bobby Shew/Lew McCreary/Buddy Childers/Carmen McRae
6. Swingin' the Samba - Gene Taylor/Horace Silver/Junior Cook/Louis Hayes/Blue Mitchell
7. Upa, Neguinho - Duke Pearson/Flora Purim/Bebero Jose Souza/Dorio Ferreira/Airto Moreira/Mickey Roker
8. Samba de Orfeu - Chauncey Westbrook/Kenny Burrell/Willie Bobo/Carlos "Patato" Valdes/Charlie Rouse
9. Heading South - George Tucker/Horace Parlan/Al Harewood/Ray Barretto
10. Eclipso - Joe Henderson/Lee Morgan/Ronnie Mathews/Victor Sproles/Billy Higgins
11. Malanga, La - Eddie Cano/Ernie Watts/Dave Troncoso/Oscar Brashear/Blue Mitchell/Bobby Hutcherson/Bobby Matos/Victor Pantoja
12. Love for Sale - Dexter Gordon/Sonny Clark/Billy Higgins/Butch Warren
13. Mama Inez - John "Johnny" Adriano Acea/Grant Green/Wendell Marshall/Willie Bobo/Carlos "Patato" Valdes
14. Lloro Tu Despedida - Ike Quebec/Kenny Burrell/Wendell Marshall/Willie Bobo/Garvin Masseaux
15. Blue Bossa - Joe Henderson/Kenny Dorham/McCoy Tyner/Pete La Roca/Butch Warren
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 97156
Full title: Blue Bossa Vol. 2: Cool Cuts From The Tropics.
This is part of Blue Note's The Blue Series.
Personnel: Billy Higgins (vocals, drums); Carmen McRae (vocals); Chauncey Westbrook, Dorio Ferreira, Grant Green, Herb Ellis, Kenny Burrell (guitar); Ernie Watts (flute, tenor saxophone); Bill Green , Harry Klee, Abe Most, Lanny Morgan, Bill Perkins (woodwinds); James Spaulding, Sonny Red (alto saxophone); Dexter Gordon, Ike Quebec, Joe Henderson, Junior Cook, Stanley Turrentine, Charlie Rouse (tenor saxophone); Pepper Adams (baritone saxophone); Donald Byrd, Kenny Dorham, Lee Morgan , Oscar Brashear, Al Aarons, Blue Mitchell, Bobby Shew, Buddy Childers (trumpet); George Bohannon, Julian Preister, J.J. Johnson , Lou Rawls, Kenny Shroyer, Lew McCreary (trombone); John "Johnny" Adriano Acea, Duke Pearson, Eddie Cano, Artie Kane, Horace Parlan, Horace Silver, McCoy Tyner, Ronnie Mathews, Sonny Clark, Wynton Kelly, Tommy Strode, Cedar Walton (piano); Marshall Otwell (electric piano); Bobby Hutcherson (vibraphone, marimba); Bob Cranshaw (electric bass); Mickey Roker (drums, percussion); Earl Palmer , Harvey Mason, Sr. , Airto Moreira, Kenny Clarke, Al Harewood, Louis Hayes, Pete La Roca, Willie Bobo (drums); Ray Barretto, Sabu Martinez, Carlos "Patato" Valdes (congas); Joseph Rivera, Johnny Paloma, Rudy Calzado, Bobby Matos, Victor Pantoja (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Dean Rudland.
Arrangers: Duke Pearson; Bobby Hutcherson.
Blue Note's Blue Bossa Volume 2: Cool Cuts from the Tropics collects 15 summery, Latin-inflected cuts, including Horace Silver's "Swinging the Samba," Lou Rawls' version of "The Girl from Ipanema," and Stanley Turrentine's "La Fiesta." From bright to pensive, bop to bossa nova, Cool Cuts from the Tropics delivers a spicy blend of Latin and jazz style. ~ Heather Phares
Be The First To Write A Review
Blue Note (Label) 97156
EMI Music Distribution
Out of Stock
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright