CD The Story So Far... [Lnasa] (CD 1170732),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
The Story So Far... [Lnasa]
1. Morning Nightcap (New Version): Lord Mayo / Gavotte / Maid of Mt. Cisco
2. Eanair: An Erc'h War An Enezeg (Snow On The Island) / Brenda Stubbert's / Thunderhead
3. Miller of Drohan, The
4. Leckan Mor
5. Killarney Boys of Pleasure: The Floating Crowbar / McGlinchey's / The Almost Reel
6. The Floating Crowbar: O'Carolan's Welcome / Rolling In The Barrel
7. Black River
8. Fest Noz: Austurian Air / Aires De Pontevedra / Muineira De Casu
9. Feabhra: The Wedding Reel / Morning Nightcap / The Malbay Shuffle
10. Punch: Cregg's Pipes / Vist Reel / John Doherty's
12. The Last Pint (New Version of Aibreann): Scottish Concerto Stratshpey / Trip To Windsor / Punch In The Dark
13. Cregg's Pipes: Jerry O'Sullivan's / The Dimmers
14. The Dimmers: Kalyana / Above In The Garret / Leckan Mor
15. The Dingle Berries: The Hop Slide / Padraig O Keefe's / Nessa The Mover / Trip To Dingle
16. Medley: O'Carolan's Welcome/Rolling in the Barrel
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 744752
Lnasa: Donogh Hennessy (guitar, guitars, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, steel guitar, nylon-string guitar); David Odlum (guitar, acoustic guitar); Tim Edey, Paul Meehan (guitars); Conor Brady (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Sean Smyth (fiddle, whistle); Trevor Hutchinson (cello, bass instrument, double bass); Kevin Crawford (flute, bamboo flute, whistle, tin whistle, bodhran); Michael McGoldrick (flute, Uilleann pipe); Cillian Vallely (whistle, Uilleann pipe); John McSherry (Uilleann pipe); David Hingerty (percussion).
Celebrating just over ten years together, and still progressing, one of Ireland's best instrumental ensembles show how they've done it, and it's still magic. What sets them apart is the vivid interaction of instruments and the versatility of the musicians and the arrangements. You can have one track with a pair of whistles and a flute (as on "The Miller of Drohan") or strip things down to guitar, fiddle, and double bass with "Punch." A couple of early tracks, including the opener, "Morning Nightcap" have been re-recorded with the latest lineup, while many of the cuts from earlier albums have fresh mixes. Lnasa stand as the heirs to the Bothy Band for their style, which has more freedom than most Irish bands, but it's a freedom that's born out of great instrumental discipline and technique. This may stand as a best-of, but even so every moment is a delight, moving from one wonder to the next, always with a strong sense of daring and adventure. There's also the sense that, just over a decade along, the story is barely beginning, which makes it all the more exciting. The playing is superb, the imagination even better, and it's no wonder they're already legends. ~ Chris Nickson
Dirty Linen (p.78) - "[T]his is a great collection. Favorites among the 16 tracks include the sprightly 'Leckan Mor,' the slow-burning 'Black River,' and an exciting new version of 'Morning Nightcap' that may well sear your speaker cabinets."
Be The First To Write A Review
Compass (USA) 744752
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.