CD Blowing the Fuse: 30 R&B Classics That Rocked the Jukebox in 1956  (CD 1206674),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Blowing the Fuse: 30 R&B Classics That Rocked the Jukebox in 1956 
1. Speedoo - The Cadillacs/Jesse Powell Orchestra/The Cadillacs/Jesse Powell Orchestra
2. Pretty Thing - Bo Diddley
3. Great Pretender, The - The Platters
4. I Want to Do More - Ruth Brown
5. Why Do Fools Fall in Love - The Teenagers/Frankie Lymon
6. Jivin' Around, Pt. 1 - Ernie Freeman Combo
7. Eddie My Love - The Teen Queens
8. Smokestack Lightnin' - Howlin' Wolf
9. Try Rock and Roll - Bobby Mitchell
10. Drown in My Own Tears - Ray Charles
11. We Go Together - The Moonglows
12. Long Tall Sally - Little Richard
13. Please, Please, Please - The Famous Flames/James Brown
14. I'm in Love Again - Fats Domino
15. Boogie Woogie Country Girl - Van "Piano Man" Walls/Big Joe Turner/Van "Piano Man" Walls
16. Treasure of Love - Clyde McPhatter
17. Little Girl of Mine - Jimmy Wright/The Cleftones/Jimmy Wright
18. Fever - Little Willie John
19. Roll Over Beethoven - Chuck Berry
20. It's Too Late - Chuck Willis
21. Let the Good Times Roll - Shirley & Lee
22. Rip It Up - Little Richard
23. In the Still of the Night - The Five Satins
24. Honky Tonk, Pt. 1 - Bill Doggett
25. Honky Tonk, Pt. 2 - Bill Doggett
26. Stranded in the Jungle - The Cadets
27. Thousand Miles Away, A - The Heartbeats
28. You've Got Me Dizzy - Jimmy Reed
29. (Everytime I Hear) That Mellow Saxophone - Roy Montrell
30. Pack Fair and Square - Big Walter
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 16711
Dave Booth (Reissue)
Liner Note Author: Colin Escott.
Introduction by: Dave Booth.
Germany's Bear Family label has created an amazing series in their Blowing the Fuse project. Each volume features chart and jukebox sellers of all stripes of R&B, soul, and early rock & roll. From the looks of things, 1956 was a wild and woolly year with Bo Diddley ("Pretty Thing"), Chuck Berry ("Roll Over Beethoven"), and Little Richard ("Rip It Up" and "Long Tall Sally") all making this set. But it's not all rock & roll. Clyde McPhatter's "The Great Pretender" is here, as are Ray Charles' "I'll Drown in My Tears" and Howlin' Wolf's "Smokestack Lightnin'," just to name a few more. Also in the register are James Brown's early soul with "Please, Please, Please" and Big Joe Turner's proto-rock & roll/R&B hybrid "Boogie Woogie Country Girl," and there are two items that cannot be forgotten, the Cadillacs' amazing "Speedoo" and Little Willie John's classic of classics, "Fever." Add in fine sound (no "reprocessed for stereo" crap here), fine liner notes, and a handsome package. Along with the rest of the series, this is a must-own. Simply put, these are the best year-by-year compilations out there. ~ Thom Jurek
Be The First To Write A Review
Bear Family Records (Germany) 16711
Infinity Entertainment Gr
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.