CD She Loves Him: Live At Feinstein's (CD 7052661),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
She Loves Him: Live At Feinstein's
1. He Loves Me [From She Loves Me]
2. "Good Evening..."
3. Boston Beguine [From New Faces], The
4. "What a Daredevil..."
5. When Did I Fall in Love? [From Fiorellol]
6. A Trip to the Library [From She Loves Me]
7. "My Favorite Sheldon Harnick Show..."
8. Will He Like Me? [From She Loves Me]
9. Ballad of the Shape of Things [From The Littlest Revue], The
10. "Be Kind to This Irish Girl..."
11. Fiddler On the Roof Medley: Sabbath Prayer/Far From the Home I LovMatchmaker [From Fiddler On the Roof]
12. To Life [From Fiddler On the Roof]
13. If I Were a Rich Man [From Fiddler On the Roof]
14. "Jerry Bock and I Wrote a Song..."
15. Dear Sweet Sewing Machine [From Fiddler On the Roof]
16. "Cy Coleman and I Had a Meeting..."
17. You're Going Far [From the Heartbreak Kid]
18. Gorgeous [From the Apple Tree]
19. "He Drew From Very Personal Images..."
20. I Couldn't Be With Anyone But You [From a Wonderful Life]
21. "It's Time to Start Saying Goodnight..."
22. In My Own Lifetime [From the Rothschilds
23. Sunrise, Sunset [From Fiddler On the Roof]
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): PS 1101
Bart Migal; Tom Lazarus
Personnel: Andrew Sterman (woodwinds); Scott Cady (piano).
Audio Mixer: Tom Lazarus.
Liner Note Author: Frank Rich.
Recording information: Feinstein's, Loews Regency, New York, NY (03/10/2011-03/12/2011).
Photographers: Joseph Marzullo; Maia Rosenfeld.
Arranger: Scott Cady.
Kate Baldwin made her Broadway debut in The Full Monty in 2000 and since then she has appeared in a number of musicals around the U.S. Her live tribute to the great lyricist Sheldon Harnick (who made his writing debut in the 1950s and is especially known for his huge hit Fiddler on the Roof, written with composer Jerry Bock) was recorded over several nights at Feinstein's in New York City. The intimacy of these performances is left intact as some of the singer's comments about herself and her love of Harnick's songs are retained, while Harnick joins her as a guest vocalist on several songs. Baldwin's skills as an actress frequently come into play, particularly as the alto subtly conveys the humor in pieces like "The Boston Beguine." Of course, the highlights are the selections from Fiddler on the Roof, which includes one song dropped during the pre-Broadway tryouts ("Dear Sweet Sewing Machine"). Baldwin shines in her stunning medley of "Sabbath Prayer," "Far from the Home I Love," and "Matchmaker." She invites Harnick to the stage to sing a spirited duet of "To Life," while "If I Were a Rich Man" is a fun solo feature for the octogenarian. He returns at the end of the CD for a warm duet with Baldwin of "Sunrise, Sunset." Baldwin's backing musicians, including pianist Scott Cady, woodwind player Andrew Sterman (who mostly sticks to flute), and bassist John Beal, do a superb job accompanying the singer. Those who have not seen Kate Baldwin on-stage are in for a treat when they hear her in this popular Manhattan nightclub. ~ Ken Dryden
Be The First To Write A Review
PS Classics PS 1101
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright