CD Carnival of Soul, Vol. 1: Wishes (CD 113303),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Carnival of Soul, Vol. 1: Wishes
1. Wishes - The Metrics
2. She's So Fine - The Topics
3. All I Need Is Your Love - The Manhattans
4. My Myself and I - Norma Jenkins
5. I Need a Guy - The Lovettes
6. Forget Him - Barbara Brown
7. Nobody Loves Me (Like My Baby) - Harry Caldwell
8. I Love You More - Lee Williams & the Cymbals
9. I'll Keep Holding On - Kenneth Ruffin
10. Nothing Will Ever Change (This Love of Mine) - Jimmy Jules
11. My Love Is Yours Tonight - Turner Brothers
12. It's Everything About You (That I Love) - Lee Williams & the Cymbals
13. I Wanna Be (Your Everything) - The Pretenders
14. Love Has Passed Me By - Phil Terrell
15. I Say Yeah - Pets
16. I'll Catch You on the Rebound - Leon & the Metronomes/The Kool Kings Band
17. Can I Come In - Phil Terrell
18. Come Home to Daddy - Curby Goggins
19. I Can Tell - Little Royal
20. I'm Gonna Be Missing You - Rene Bailey
21. My Baby's Gone - The Tren-Teens
22. I Call It Love - The Pretenders
23. Til You Come Back to Me - The Manhattans
24. Go Right On - The Three Reasons
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 108
Two record companies, Collectables and Kent, have taken it upon themselves to reissue everything cut by Joe Evans' Carnival Record label. Collectables has the best idea musically -- it includes six or eight tracks by one known artist and fills the rest of the CD with cuts by the real unknowns. However, Collectables doesn't include songwriters' credits, and the liner notes and artist information are either skimpy or missing. Kent's discs have more than 20 cuts each and extensive annotation, but no more than two or three tracks by any artist, so you get a potpourri of unfamiliar tracks that are average at best. Carnival of Soul, Vol. 1: Wishes, the first volume of Kent's Carnival Records compilations, consists of 24 tracks and one lone R&B hit: Lee Williams & the Cymbals "I Love You More." Two Manhattans tunes made the cut -- the unreleased "Til You Come Back to Me" and "All I Need Is Your Love," an obscure album track. Northern soul fans will love the inclusion of Phil Terrell's "Love Has Passed Me By"; the song went unnoticed in the States, but is considered a collector's item Europe. A female group called the Pets has the most interesting track here, an early production by George Clinton titled "I Say Yeah," originally released and forgotten in 1965. Tracks by the Metrics, the Topics, and the Lovettes are interesting, and the Pretenders cuts always demand attention, but the rest is mediocre at best. ~ Andrew Hamilton
Be The First To Write A Review
E1 Distribution (USA)
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.