CD '70s: Gold  (CD 855557),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
'70s: Gold 
0. DISC 1:
1. More Than a Feeling - Boston
2. Joy to the World - Three Dog Night
3. Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? - Chicago
4. Listen to the Music - The Doobie Brothers
5. Stuck in the Middle with You - Stealers Wheel
6. Maggie May - Rod Stewart
7. Rocket Man - Elton John
8. Rock On - David Essex
9. All Right Now - Free
10. Boys Are Back in Town, The - Thin Lizzy
11. Smokin' in the Boys' Room - Brownsville Station
12. Fooled Around and Fell in Love - Elvin Bishop
13. My Best Friend's Girl - The Cars
14. My Sharona - The Knack
15. Heart of Glass - Blondie
16. Blinded by the Light - Manfred Mann's Earth Band
17. Hello It's Me - Todd Rundgren
18. I'm Not in Love - 10cc
19. Crazy Love - Poco
20. Peace Train - Cat Stevens
0. DISC 2:
1. September - Earth, Wind & Fire
2. I'll Be Around - The Spinners
3. Will It Go Round in Circles - Billy Preston
4. Brick House - The Commodores
5. Strawberry Letter 23 - The Brothers Johnson
6. What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
7. Wake Up Everybody - Harold Melvin/The Blue Notes
8. She's Gone - Hall & Oates
9. Love Will Find a Way - Pablo Cruise
10. So into You - Atlanta Rhythm Section
11. Jackie Blue - Ozark Mountain Daredevils
12. Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
13. Drift Away - Dobie Gray
14. Lean on Me - Bill Withers
15. I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash
16. You Are So Beautiful - Joe Cocker
17. I Just Wanna Stop - Gino Vannelli
18. I Feel Love - Donna Summer
19. Y.M.C.A. - The Village People
20. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 60700
Jim Price; John Alcock; David Anderle; John V. Kelly Sr.; Freddie Perren; Tom Scholz; Gerry Rafferty; Gino Vannelli; Giorgio Moroder; Glyn Johns; 10cc; D. Morris; Gus Dudgeon; E. Stevens; Jacques Morali; James William Guercio; Joe Egan; Joe T. Vannelli Project; John Boylan; Johnny Nash; Kenny Gamble; Al Kooper; Leon Huff; Allan Blazek; Marvin Gaye; Maurice White; Mentor Williams; Mike Chapman; Paul Samwell-Smith; Quincy Jones; Richard Polodor; Richard Sanford Orshoff; Robert Nix; Roy Thomas Baker; Arif Mardin; Ted Templeman; Todd Rundgren; Thom Bell; Billy Preston; Bill Schnee; Bill Szymcyzk; Bill Withers
Liner Note Author: Mike Ragogna.
Photographers: Robert Altman; Govert de Roos; Adrian Boot; Michael Putland; Chris Walter; Barrie Wentzell; Claude Van Heye; Harry Goodwin.
More than anything, the '70s opened up worlds of experimentation and exploration in music without the constraints of modern music rules. There was literally something that appealed to the ears of everyone, regardless of what style you were into, and it became the definitive soundtrack of a lifetime. This two-disc set covers disco, funk, new wave, folk, Southern rock, prog rock, blue-eyed soul, soft rock, quiet storm, arena rock, and everything else in between that made the music so wonderfully diverse. There's nary a trace of filler here, as every single one of the 40 songs was an important moment in the evolution of popular music in one respect or another. Gold is an excellent survey for anyone wanting to explore the breadth of the treasures that the decade had to offer. ~ Rob Theakston
Be The First To Write A Review
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.