CD The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye [Music from the Motion Picture] * (CD 15969160),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye [Music from the Motion Picture] *
1. Coucou - Unknown
2. I Love You, I Know - Bryin Dall/Genesis P-Orridge/Lady Jaye/Alice Genese
3. BB - PTV3/Psychic TV
4. I Am Making a Mirror - PTV3/Psychic TV
5. Milk Baba [Edit] - PTV3/Psychic TV
6. Maybe It Smells Good...or Bad - Bryin Dall/Genesis P-Orridge
7. Boys Are Girls and Girls Are Boys - PTV3/Psychic TV
8. Truth, The - Thee Majesty
9. Wisdom - Thee Majesty
10. Final War [Bleak Box Mix], The - Bryin Dall/Genesis P-Orridge/Derek Rush/Lady Jaye (remix)
11. Soul Searching - Genesis P-Orridge/Derek Rush
12. White Nights - Psychic TV
13. Mother Jack (a Children's Story) - Psychic TV
14. New York Story - PTV3/Psychic TV
15. Alien Brain [Edit] - PTV3/Psychic TV
16. Kiss Me (Maggot Brain) [Edit] - PTV3/Psychic TV
17. Thin Garden, The - PTV3/Psychic TV
18. Demilitarized Ozone [Edit] - Edward Odowd/Genesis P-Orridge/Tony Conrad
19. Orchids, The - Psychic TV
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 55
Bryin Dall (Compilation); Edward Odowd (Compilation)
Liner Note Authors: Bryin Dall; Edward ODowd; Marie Losier.
Recording information: Galuminum Foil Studios, Brooklyn, NY (01/2009); Issue Project Room, Brooklyn, NY (01/2009); MicroRiot Music, Jersey City, NJ (01/2009); Waxy Yellow Buildup Studios, NYC (01/2009).
Photographer: Marie Losier.
More than a quick dump of the music, this documentary soundtrack also plays like a wild mix overview of the work of Genesis P-Orridge (Throbbing Gristle, Psychic TV, PTV3, etc.) with an emphasis on the pandrogynous (see the doc for an explanation) man's later work. That last bit is no surprise for filmgoers since most of the film takes place during the PTV3 years, but pivotal tracks go back all the way to 1983 with "White Nights" and "The Orchids" providing some history and some less techno-oriented magic. While rare and unreleased tracks are the attraction, the unexpected reward is the recontextualization of familiar cuts as they ooze out of the mix. Since most of Genesis' fans were weaned on Burroughs and Gysin's cut-up method back in his days with Throbbing Gristle, a heartfelt tribute patched together out of his back catalog is quite attractive. ~ David Jeffries
Mojo (Publisher) (p.87) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "THE BALLAD OF GENESIS AND LADY JAYE occupies a space between worlds, leading you from the common path towards an unexplored world of shadows and fear, release and enlightenment."
Be The First To Write A Review
Sweet Nothing (UK) 55
Redeye Music Distribution
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.