CD The Rough Guide to Bhangra [Digipak]  (CD 15783871),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
The Rough Guide to Bhangra [Digipak] 
0. DISC 1:
1. Gerra de De - DJ Dips - (featuring Miss Pooja)
2. Meri Changi Taran - Naseebo Lal
3. Boliyan - Panjabi MC
4. Bangles - Niraj Chag
5. Bol! Bol! Bol! - Tigerstyle
6. Year Da Viah - Dalvinder Singh
7. Dil Kugoo [Bhangra Mix] - Shazia Mansoor (remix)
8. Nachle - U Music
9. Mera Yaar Vajawe Dhol - K.S. Bhamrah
10. Bor Bor - Partners in Rhyme
11. Tut Guhia - Achanak
12. Fight This Feeling - Khiza - (featuring Suman/Joginder)
13. Har Gabroo - H-Dhami
14. Jagoo - Panjabi By Nature
15. [CD-ROM Track]
0. DISC 2:
1. Teri Muhabbeta Mar Sutia [Your Love Is Killing Me] - Achanak
2. Tut Guhia [Broken Jewelry] - Achanak
3. Iskh Mitta [Love Is Sweet] - Achanak
4. Dil Nao Lag Da [Ambient] - Achanak
5. Lak Noo Bhangra Mix [Purely Percussive] - Achanak
6. Aj Bhangra Punjabia Na Pauna [Let's Move Our Hips To The Pulsating Beat] - Achanak
7. Addhi Marke [Let's Move Our Hips To The Pulsating Beat] - Achanak
8. Nakra D&B Mix [Heavy] - Achanak
9. Ek Tera Na Rakna [Dancing Queen] - Achanak
10. Dushman Da Badla [Freedom from Oppression] - Achanak
11. Achanak Boliyaan [Sonnets of Dance] - Achanak
12. Bhangra Pa Bass Mix [Let Me Dance Please] - Achanak
13. Kuria Ne Suniya [Beautiful Woman Listen To Me] - Achanak
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 1202
This is an Enhanced audio CD which contains regular audio tracks and multimedia computer files.
This is a continuous in-the-mix CD compiled and mixed by DJ Ritu.
Producer: World Music Network.
Compilation producer: Phil Stanton.
Includes liner notes by DJ Ritu.
This is World Music Network's Rough Guide Series.
Translators: Sandra Alayn-Stanton; Irne Rognier.
A 13-track release that starts out with an example of traditional bhangra, dips a toe into the beginnings of its cross-cultural metamorphosis, and then dives headfirst into some examples of bhangra as sound system devotees know it best, with walloping beats, reggae riddims, and rap amongst the elements swirled into the folk elements. This Rough Guide sampler provides a very limited look at the style and its practitioners, unfortunately, and there is a sense that they needed to produce a rather more extensive release to give potential fans a better idea of what bhangra represents, and just how many countries and communities it connects with. That said, this is a record that is both listenable and danceable, and a lot of fun to boot. Also, most will learn something from the liner notes. ~ Steven McDonald
The Wire (12/00, p.64) - "...This collection boasts many strengths, eclecticism not least among these....no one could have guessed that [bhangra] could absorb Trance, drum'n'bass and House rhythms...and still retain its root character..."
Be The First To Write A Review
Rough Guides 1202
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.