CD Unsettled Scores (CD 346033),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
1. The True Wheelbase / Coco Boudakian - Forever Einstein
2. Hobart Got Burned - Kit Watkins/Coco Roussel
3. Onde Crepusculaire - Doctor Zero
4. Ubik - Peter Frohmader
5. Enfield in Summer - Piero Milesi
6. Transsiberien - Philarmonie
7. Unna - Hugh Hopper
8. Moral Dilemma For Our Times, A - Birdsongs of the Mesozoic
9. Promenade Sous Zero - Miriodor
10. Meccano Pelorus - Phil Miller
11. March, The (Or Ornette Went to Cecil's House But Left After About 10 Minutes) - Henry Kaiser & Friends
0. DISC 2:
1. Bulgarian Flying Spirit Dances - Happy Family
2. Dedicated to K.C. - Djam Karet
3. Pain Waits till 5pm - Present C.O.D. Performance
4. They Walk Among Us - Richard Pinhas/John Livengood
5. Miniluv - David Borden
6. Three Curiously Insubstantial Duets, No. III - Volapk
7. Summer Walk - Rattlemouth
8. Piege - PFS
9. Complainte - George Cartwright
10. Carousel, Dedicated to Hugh - U Totem
11. Get Moose and Squirrel - Virgil Moorefield
12. She Wears Her Dead Mother's Hat - The Muffins
13. Scene of the MadMen - Forrest Fang
14. Dyed - C.W. Vrtacek
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 7576
Performers include: Forever Einstein, Henry Kaiser, Philharmonie, Dr. Zero, Djam Karet, PFS, David Bordon, Kit Watkins, Forrest Fang.
UNSETTLED SCORES, released to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Cuneiform Records, is a two-CD set that features Cuneiform artists covering songs by other Cuneiform artists.
The idea came from Forever Einstein's Chuck Vrtacek: to put together an album of Cuneiform Records artists interpreting tunes from their label mates. Since the label had a pretty stable roster by 1994-1995, with most of them sharing some common musical aesthetics, the project has the possibility of being interesting. And it is. Unsettled Scores is not a compilation album or a label sampler. All tracks with the exception of one can't be find anywhere else (Volapk's rendition of Nick Didkovsky's "Three Curiously Insubstantial Duets No. 3" would later appear on their CD Slang!, along with No. 1 and 2). And yet, this is not an "unreleased material" patchwork: all tracks have been put together in 1994-1995, especially for the project, therefore one can feel the artistic cohesion of the whole. Ex-Soft Machine Hugh Hopper, Richard Pinhas, Doctor Nerve, and Univers Zro all get tribute to the important place they hold in Cuneiform's catalogue. Some of the numerous highlights on Unsettled Scores include: Philarmonie's beautiful reading of Miriodor's "Transsibrien"; the latter's Present/Univers Zro medley (including parts of "Promenade Au Fond D'un Canal" and "Heatwave"); a incredibly fast version of Daniel Denis' "Bulgarian Flying Spirit Dances," delivered by the prog-core Japanese outfit Happy Family; Djam Karet's spirited jam on Richard Pinhas' "Dedicated to K.C."; George Cartwright's jazzed-up take on Univers Zro's "Complainte"; and finally an unreleased Univers Zro piece completed by Nick Didkovsky (that one's a real treat!). Other renderers/renderees include Forever Einstein, The Muffins, Piero Milesi, David Borden, Birdsongs of the Mezosoic, Phil Miller, Henry Kaiser, U Totem, Virgil Moorefield, and Forrest Fang. Any fan of the Cuneiform roster will find something to like in here, but Univers Zro aficionados will be particularly delighted. ~ Franois Couture
Be The First To Write A Review
Cuneiform Records 7576
Big Daddy Music Dist.
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.