CD When Love Speaks (CD 933083),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
When Love Speaks
1. Be Not Afraid, The Isle Is Full of Noises - Joseph Fiennes
2. Live With Me and Be My Love - Annie Lennox
3. As an Imperfect Actor on the Stage - John Gielgud
4. My Mistress' Eyes Are Nothing Like the Sun - Alan Rickman
5. Why Is My Verse So Barren of New Pride - Diana Rigg
6. Who Will Believe My Verse in Time to Come - Richard Attenborough
7. That You Were Once Unkind Befriends Me Now - Paul Rhys
8. How Oft, When Thou, My Music - Juliet Stevenson
9. When, In Disgrace With Fortune and Men's Eyes - Rufus Wainwright
10. Being Your Slave, What Should I Do But Tend - Janet McTeer
11. Tired With All These, For Restful Death - Alan Bates
12. Whn I Consider Everything That Grows - Marianne Jean Baptiste
13. Let Those Who Are in Favour With Their Stars - David Warner
14. They That Have Power to Hurt and Will Do None - Sin Phillips
15. Those Lips That Love's Own Hand Did Make - John Hurt
16. Come Again- Sweet Love Doth Now Invite - John Potter
17. Th'expense of Spirit in a Waste of Shame - Ralph Fiennes
18. Thine Eyes I Love, And They, As Pitying Me - Matthew Rhys
19. I Never Saw That You Did Painting Need - Imelda Staunton
20. When to the Sessions of Sweet Silent Thought - Kenneth Branagh
21. Is It They Will Thy Image Should Keep Open - Fiona Shaw
22. Mine Eye and Heart Are at a Mortal War - Henry Goodman
23. No More Be Grieved at That Which Thou Hast Done - Keb' Mo'
24. O Never Say That I Was False of Heart - Susannah York
25. Look in Thy Glass and Tell the Face Thou Viewest - Timothy Spall
26. Some Glory in Their Birth, Some in Their Skill - Peter Barkworth
27. How Heavy Do I Journey on the Way - Gemma Jones
28. Since Brass, Nor Stone, Nor Earth, Nor Boundless Sea - Jonathan Pryce
29. Like as the Waves Make Towards the Pebbled Shore - Richard Wilson
30. Quality of Mercy Is Not Strained - Des'ree
31. Sweet Love, Renew Thy Force; Be It Not Said - Tom Courtenay
32. Since I Left You, Mine Eye Is in My Mind - Zoe Waites
33. Be Wise as Thou Art Cruel; Do Not Press - Edward Fox
34. Is It For Fear to Wet a Widow's Eye - Trevor Eve
35. So Is It Not With Me as With That Muse - Imogen Stubbs
36. Devouring Time, Blunt Thou the Lion's Paws - David Harewood
37. Willow Song - Barbara Bonney
38. When My Love Swears That She Is Made of Truth - Richard Johnson
39. When I Do Count the Clock That Tells the Time - Martin Jarvis
40. What Potions Have I Drunk of Siren Tears - Roger Hammond
41. Nor Marble Nor the Gilded Monuments - Richard Briers
42. Sin of Self-Love Possesseth All Mine Eye - John Sessions
43. Let Me Not to the Marriage of True Minds - Thelma Holt
44. Music to Hear, Why Hears't Thou Music Sadly - Ladysmith Black Mambazo
45. When Forty Winters Shall Besiege Thy Brow - Caroline Blakiston
46. No Longer Mourn For Me When I Am Dead - Peter Bowles
47. In Faith I Do Not Love Thee With Mine Eyes - Sylvia Sims
48. Why Didst Thou Promise Such a Beauteous Day - Robert Lindsay
49. Not From the Stars Do I My Judgement Pluck - Ioan Gruffudd
50. My Love Is as a Fever, Longing Still - John Hurt
51. Little Love-God Lying Once Asleep - Bohdan Poraj
52. Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day - Bryan Ferry
53. Our Revels Now Are Ended - Joseph Fiennes
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 5572782
WHEN LOVE SPEAKS is a collection of Shakespearean love sonnets as read by famous actors, and songs inspired by Shakespeare's love sonnets. It contains a 44 page book.
Recorded at Waceeffect Studios, London, England and at Voice Box Studios, Los Angeles, California.
An unusual collaboration, When Love Speaks features interpretations of William Shakespeare's sonnets and excerpts from his plays by high-profile actors and musicians. It almost goes without saying that performers such as John Gielgud, Jonathan Pryce, Diana Rigg, Ralph and Joseph Fiennes, and Susannah York give accomplished readings of the Bard's work; the musical interludes, which range from the adult alternative pop of Annie Lennox's "Live With Me and Be My Love" to Keb' Mo''s bluesy "No More Be Grieved at That Which Thou Hast Done," aren't quite as successful but add diversity. Highlights include Alan Rickman's reading of "My Mistress' Eyes Are Nothing Like the Sun," Rufus Wainwright's "When, in Disgrace With Fortune and Men's Eyes," and Bryan Ferry's "Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day." Other featured performers include Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Barbara Bonney, Tom Courtenay, and Kenneth Branagh. As a benefit album for the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts -- where most of the featured actors on this album studied -- and as a tribute to Shakespeare, When Love Speaks does an admirable job of marrying high culture to pop culture. ~ Heather Phares
Mojo (Publisher) (April 2002, p.128) - "...Whether burning with unreasonable passion, indulging a playful conceit, pronouncing a generous wisdom or contriving some neat linguistic trick, the majestic language sings with a richness..."
Be The First To Write A Review
EMI Classics 5572782
MSI Music Distribution
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.