CD The Inbetweeners Movie [PA] (CD 15783598),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
The Inbetweeners Movie [PA]
1. Quicksand - Miles Kane
2. No Problemo - Mike Skinner
3. Mental Holiday - James Buckley
4. Gimme Love - The Vines
5. Blow [Cirkut Remix] - Ke$ha (remix)
6. Introduce Yourself - Blake Harrison/James Buckley
7. We No Speak Americano [Radio Edit] - Yolanda Be Cool/DCUP
8. Nothing But Love [Radio Edit] - Axwell - (featuring Errol Reid)
9. Fernando's Theme - Mike Skinner
10. You're a Virgin - Laura Haddock/Simon Bird
11. Twenty Euros - Mike Skinner
12. Waving Not Drowning - Mike Skinner
13. He Shoots He Scores - James Buckley
14. Clunge in a Barrel - Mike Skinner
15. Twenty Miles - Deer Tick
16. Feel So Close [Benny Benassi Remix] - Calvin Harris (remix)
17. Smack in the Balls - Joe Thomas - (featuring Laura Vane)
18. We Are Go - Mike Skinner (remix, featuring Laura Vane)
19. My Kz, Yr Bf [Grum Remix] - Everything Everything (remix)
20. Moanatronic 5000 - Mike Skinner
21. Whatever It Takes - D.O.T.
22. Two Man Job - Blake Harrison
23. Do It - Mike Skinner
24. Party All Night (Sleep All Day) [Album Version] - Sean Kingston
25. Gone Up in Flames - Morning Runner
26. Pussay Patrol - Mike Skinner
27. To the Pussay - The Inbetweeners
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 88697955682
The first chance to hear new material from Mike Skinner since the dissolution of the Streets, the official soundtrack to the hit U.K. comedy The Inbetweeners Movie features ten original compositions from the Birmingham street poet alongside several extremely brief snippets of dialogue, and a whole host of other familiar hits which appear throughout the film. Capturing the hedonistic spirit of the plot, which sees the group of misfits embark on a typical lad's holiday to Malia, Skinner's contributions are focused firmly on the dancefloor, taking in pulsing Justice-esque electro ("No Problemo"), soulful Italo house ("We Are Go"), and funky, vocodered disco ("Moanatronic 5000"), alongside the squelchy techno ska of "Clunge in a Barrel" (named after one of the show's most famous slang terms), the blissful, piano-led instrumental "Waving Not Drowning," and the ambient electro-clash of "Do It." Allowing his production skills to do the talking, Skinner opts to leave his trademark, laconic stream-of-consciousness vocals out of these proceedings, suggesting that the direction of any future solo material is unlikely to be hinted at here, but it's a strong first score which shows that despite his recent philosophical output, he still knows how to "have it large." Elsewhere, only the scuzzy garage rock of the Vines' "Gimme Love," the jangly Merseybeat of Miles Kane's "Quicksand," and Deer Tick's lo-fi ballad "Twenty Miles," join Morning Runner's theme tune, "Gave Up in Flames," on the list of ramshackle guitar-band tunes that usually dominate the TV series. Instead, the album is more concerned with the kind of floor-fillers that the character of Neil is famous for robotically dancing along to, from the anthemic vocal house of Axwell's "Nothing But Love," to the novelty Euro-pop of Yolanda Be Cool's "We No Speak Americano," to beefed-up remixes of hits by KeSha ("Blow"), Calvin Harris ("Feel So Close"), and Everything Everything ("My KZ, UR BF"). The four indie pop inclusions slightly interrupt the flow of the album, but overall, The Inbetweeners Movie OST is likely to be enjoyed by most package holiday clubbers, whether they're fans of near-the-knuckle schoolboy humor or not. ~ Jon O'Brien
Be The First To Write A Review
Sony Classics 795568
Sony Music Entertainment
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.